5.05.2009

Life's tough when you're pregnant

Of all the symptoms of pregnancy for a preschooler to notice, I wouldn't think frequent potty breaks would be one of them. But apparently, I was wrong.

Our four-year-old nephew asked me if I have to go potty before I head to bed at night. Thinking it was a general question, I responded that going to the bathroom before bed is a wise idea for everyone. But he insisted: "No, do you have to go potty at night, because the baby is pushing on your bladder?" A little surprised, I answered yes.

He thought for a moment. "Do I have a bladder?"

Perhaps he'd assumed it's something you grow only when pregnant.

Apparently, he understood this whole bladder business to be a rather serious health issue. Because a few minutes later, when he asked the blessing on our dinner, he most sincerely prayed, "Please help the baby to come out. And please help the baby to stop pushing on Alison's bladder."

I love kids.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails