It will be a small affair, with six adults and two little children. And others are bringing bread and dessert. Nonetheless, it's been fun to plan and prepare for a traditional dinner this year (although it may get less fun Thursday when I am fighting with the not-completely-thawed turkey and worrying over a new recipe for sweet potato casserole and dusting at the last minute).
It also brings to mind plenty of blessings:
- Salvation and grace through Jesus Christ
- My family, including my fabulous husband and our precious little one, due next May
- Extended family (including a wondrous, recent transformation of one family member)
- Plentiful food and warm home
- Oh, and did I mention the baby?
Have a splendid Thanksgiving Day, whether you're feasting or hosting or both!